The post-Christmas clean-up is under way – get the presents out from under the tree, clean up the bits of wrappings and boxes, and generally put the house back in order. We’ve got guests coming over tomorrow (really) and it would be nice for them not to have to choose their steps carefully to avoid stepping on something like we do. Sometimes getting from one room to another in this place is like running a Tough Mudder obstacle race, only […]
My ongoing shop clean-out project is becoming more an exercise in archaeology than hygiene. I came upon these two hiding in a long-unopened drawer today:
My refrigerator battery backup project is finally complete and in service. I’ll wrap up the last phase of the build and talk about the next steps – no point just staying at version 1.0, after all.
In the process of getting my workshop cleaned out enough to use for my latest project, I discovered the degree to which my slovenliness had damaged my tools. The biggest problem was the corrosion on the cast iron tables of my band saw and table saw. Surface rust mostly, but a fair amount of pitting too. Shameful.
We continue with what is quickly turning into one of my favorite builds ever. Today we’ll tackle the electrical design and build.
In part 1 of this series, I covered the design goals for a refrigerator battery backup for our small insulin fridge. In this post, the build continues with more casework, some cable management, and getting ready to install the electrics.